We you to participate in our shared task on Swiss German Language Detection. The goal is to build a system that can automatically identify whether a snippet of text is written in Swiss German. A successful system will need to be able to handle (noisy) inputs from multiple domains.
We will provide participants with samples of swiss german texts from a variety of sources, such as previously established corpora, as well as gathered from social media sites. We encourage participants to use any additional resources.
- Pius von Däniken (email@example.com, ZHAW, Switzerland)
- Manuela Hürlimann (firstname.lastname@example.org, ZHAW, Switzerland)
- Mark Cieliebak (email@example.com, ZHAW, Switzerland)
- 24 January 2020: Release Training Data / Start Task
- 20 March 2020: Test Set Release
- 27 March 2020: Experimental Results Due
- 3 April 2020: Publication of Evaluation Results
- 14 April 2020: System Description Submission
- 21 April 2020: Acceptance Notification
- 5 May 2020: Camera-Ready
- 23-24 June 2020: SwissText & KONVENS Joint Conference 2020