The goal of this task is to build a system translating Swiss German speech to Standard German text.
We’ll provide a training set of roughly 100 hours of audio with sentence-aligned text.
We encourage participants to explore suitable models, data augmentation methods and transfer learning approaches for this challenging problem.
You’ll find the competition here.
- Michel Plüss (FHNW, Switzerland)
- Lukas Neukom (FHNW, Switzerland)
- Manfred Vogel (FHNW, Switzerland)
- 3 February 2020: Start of challenge (registration and submission page opens, release of data)
- 4 May 2020: Paper submission deadline and speaker invitation
- 15 May 2020: Paper reviews due
- 29 May 2020: Camera-ready paper deadline
- 23 – 25 June 2020: SwissText (presentations + discussions + prize awarding)